Huwag Babuyin ang Kalikasan. Huwag Babuyin ang Demokrasya.
Say NO to PIG (People's Initiative ni Gloria)!Designated time and place of flash protest for April 21:
Pasig Riverbank (along JP Rizal near Makati Park and Garden) - 5:30 to 6:30 PM
HOW TO GET THERE:
is Pasig Riverbank, along J.P. Rizal Ext., Bgy. Cembo, Makati City.
(note: It is near but outside of Makati Park and Garden and beside the old ferry station)Landmarks
: Across it are Guadalupe Arcadia Square where Mercury Drugstore and Banco San Juan are located (This is where you can park your cars); BLISS Housing and Chapel of Charity of St. John Mary Vianney Parish.
Facing it across the river on the Mandaluyong side are the candy-colored Gawad Kalinga houses.Where to pass
: Coming from Makati along EDSA, turn right after Guadalupe Mall before the bridge; alternate route is Lawton Avenue (street across Kalayaan exit from Fort Bonifacio) and turn left when you hit J.P. Rizal. Plan of action
1) Wear BLACK, preferably the "Patalsikin Na! NOW NA!" T-shirts. (Visit www.BlackFridayProtest.blogspot.com
to see where you can order them)
2) Bring candles.
3) Assemble at Makati Park and Garden (see instructions above on how to get there) between 5:00 to 5:15 PM.
4) When the cue is given, march towards the old ferry station. Some of the leaders will go down to board a waiting banca that will bring them towards the middle of the river. They will lay down candles placed in cut banana trunks to allow them to float. Those who will stay by the river bank will also lay down floating lit candles.
5) The activity is called "Ilaw sa DalamPASIGan, Linawan ang Isipan ng Taga-Malacanang
". The general idea is to let the candles float along Pasig until it reaches Malacanang.
6) After the candle floating activity, everyone should assemble along the river bank.
7) On cue, everybody should line up along the sidewalk, facing the street and then do the "Patalsikin" sign. Of course, someone should be taking the picture.
8) Disperse quietly.Suggested preparations
1) Invite as many friends, or officemates, as you can.
2) Make sure that you bring candles.
3) If you're coming from the same office, arrange for carpooling.
4) If you own the business, or if you're a manager of a business unit, invite your employees or your subordinates to join you.
5) If you're outside of the Philippines, and there are enough of you to organize a protest action, you can do the a similar activity or design your own protest action. Inform your local media about the event. Don't forget to take pictures and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) If you're outside of Metro Manila, and there are enough of you to organize a protest action, select a public place like a park where you can do the same action. Send us pictures, as well.Important reminders
1) This is a SILENT PROTEST, not a rally. Please do not shout, sing, pass leaflets, or do anything to disrupt the traffic along JP Rizal.
2) Bring your cameras. The highlight of the protest action is the floating of candles at the Pasig river and the group's "patalsikin" pose. Let's document them with pictures.Let's paint the Pasig Riverbank BLACK on Friday.